Open / Close Module Close Module

For the latest results, tables and fixtures go to the league website: http://www.amateurfootballcombination.co.uk 

Open / Close Module
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register
5s v Kingsburians
OIFC Forum5th XI Reports

Posted in 5th XI Reports
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  oifc_admin
Website Admin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 17 November 2014 at 4:47pm | IP Logged  

Old Kingsburians 3rd XI 3   Old Ignatian 5th XI 0

Having looked through the club website and seeing that the last match report was written in January 2013… and some prompting from Wardy, I decided it was time to report on the game.

Last week the 5th XI were torn apart by an exceptionally good Egbertian side in the cup, losing 10-0, the 5th XI had a lot to put right this week.

Changes were made to the team last week, with myself returning from suspension, Tom Kelly (jnr) called up, DVD, Jamie O’Brien & Don all returning to the side and Tom Kelly (Snr) taking the gloves for today’s game vs. Kingsburians.

We got rid of the 3-5-2 and went for a more traditional 4-4-2.

Tom Kelly Snr
Rob Johnson Lee Farrance Jamie O’Brien Tom Kelly (Jnr)
Nick Platon Pete Johnston Tim Witter Don McKinnon
Ant & Tomi
Sub: Ciaran Nolan

The main pre-match talk was improving on the display from last week, and I’m sure everyone on the field today will agree this certainly was the case.

I can’t remember too much about the game, but the first two goals were from long pop shots, the first went in due to a Tom Kelly (snr) slip and the second as a result of the worst pair of goalkeeping gloves known to old Ignatian football. I’m sure Tom will not be using Nick Platon’s non-stick gloves ever again.

I lost count of the countless interceptions, tackles and strong defensive work particularly from young Tom Kelly and Jamie, who alongside myself and Rob had very good games. The defence was backed up by the hard work of Pete & Ciaran, in the middle of the park, who replaced Tim as he went off with a calf injury after around 25 minutes.

Attacking wise sadly only two “shots” on target of note, one off my knee that the keeper easily saved and one late into the second half from an on-rushing Nick Platon.
Oh I guess I should mention the case of the penalty-gate after I had slide tackled their rushing forward… some say it was late, but as PJ had said it was perfectly timed if the tackle was started last week!

Did we deserve to win against the top of the table side? No! Did we play with some pride, passion & desire; I would certainly say so…. I really do think that captain Ant will have a hard job with selection next week with many players due to return to the fold.

Flapper
View oifc_admin's Profile Search for other posts by oifc_admin

1 User(s) are browsing this topic, 1 Guest(s) and 0 Member(s)
0 Members:
<< Prev Topic 5th XI Reports Next Topic >>

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version