Open / Close Module Close Module

For the latest results, tables and fixtures go to the league website: http://www.amateurfootballcombination.co.uk 

Open / Close Module
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register
5th XI Vs Mill Hills
OIFC Forum5th XI Reports

Posted in 5th XI Reports
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  oifc_admin
Website Admin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 02 October 2007 at 9:07pm | IP Logged  

'' At 12:00 PM, we only had 8 players and NO goalkeeper.  By KO, I somehow managed to get a bare 11 and obviously, most of the team had not played with each other before.  I had already roped in a friend of mine, the night before.  I then managed to get a cousin of mine (Rob) to play in goal for the first half.  Connor pulled a couple of rabbits out of the hat, by getting Michael (from the second team) and a young family friend of his (Matt), to play.

We started very well and battled for everything.  We went into a 2-0 lead, with a nice team goal scored by Douglas (who is only 17).  It was his cross from the right, which set up our second goal - their defender turning the ball into his own net.

Sadly, we then let in a couple of sloppy goals, including a dubious penalty decision.  Ten minutes before half time, we went 3-2 up, with a good strike from young Matt (who was excellent and is only 16!!).  On the stroke of half time, the oppo's striker then managed to strike a left-foot volley into the top corner, which I dont think any keeper would have stopped!!  3-3 at half time.

At the break, we felt we could win the game, but playing uphill, we had to work hard constantly.  We soaked up a lot of pressure at the start of the second half.  Against the run of play, Dean Browne coolly latched on to a through ball, then slotted away for his first goal for the club.  4-3 to Old I's.  It did not last long, as Mill Hill hit back almost immediately, from a header at a corner kick.  Don McKinnon injured his back, so had to swap with Rob in goal.  Hats off to both him and Rob, who volunteered for the job that no-one wants.  4-4.

For the last 20 minutes, it was end-to-end stuff and the result could have gone either way.  Mill Hill then scored from another corner kick - once again, slightly against the run of play.  4-5.  We kept on battling and Dean Browne hit the crossbar, before lobbing the keeper and watching it agonisingly bounce over.  Young Matt then had a good run therough the middle and was brought down in the box.  A penalty was awarded.  I actually scored, but was just happy not to miss as we at least deserved a draw!!

Roll on next week and i'm working on the keeper situation already!!!
View oifc_admin's Profile Search for other posts by oifc_admin

1 User(s) are browsing this topic, 1 Guest(s) and 0 Member(s)
0 Members:
<< Prev Topic 5th XI Reports Next Topic >>

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version